Comment on page
Create and manage subscriptions and recurring revenue
Subscriptions represent what your customer is paying for and how much and how often you’re charging them for the product. You can either add customer subscriptions manually through the Dashboard, or you can set up a pricing table and let the customers choose a price plan and pay for it on your website.
To create a subscription:
- 1.In the MoneyCollect Dashboard, go to the subscriptions page.
- 2.Click +Create subscription.
- 3.Find or add a customer.
- 4.Enter the pricing and product information. You can add multiple products.
- 5.Set the start and end date of the subscription.
- 6.Set the starting date for the billing cycle. This defines when the next invoice is generated. Depending on your settings, the saved payment method on file might also be charged automatically on the billing cycle date. Learn more about the billing cycle date.
- 7.(Optional) Add the free trial, memo or footer.
This defaults to when the subscription was created—or, if you’re using a trial period, to the trial end. You can also explicitly set it at the subscription’s creation.
For example, a customer with a monthly subscription set to cycle on the 2nd of the month will always be billed on the 2nd.
If a month doesn’t have the anchor day, the subscription will be billed on the last day of the next month. For example, a subscription starting on January 31 bills on February 28 (or February 29 in a leap year), then March 28, April 28, and so on.
To edit a subscription:
- 1.Go to the subscriptions page.
- 2.Find the subscription you want to modify, click the overflow menu (...), then click Edit subscription. From this menu, you can also:
- Cancel the subscription. In the modal that opens, select the date to cancel the subscription—immediately, at the end of the current period, or on a custom date.
- 3.Make your changes to the subscription.
- 4.Click Update subscription.
You can’t delete a subscription. But you can cancel it.